Saturday, September 22, 2012

Unemployment in the USA

Thoughts for the day: I think what most people (mainly Republicans) forget is that the reason for the unemployment crisis lies deep in a Capitalistic economy. First, capitalism will ALWAYS have periods of unemployment. Second, the corporations exploited the use of computers which replaced carbon units (people). That wasn't a bad thing, just an inevitable result of technology which put people out of work. Third, corporate greed resulted in outsourcing jobs to countries like China and India, (Mitt is doing this as I type), which put, and is putting, lots of US citizens out of work.

Some Stimulus Packages put out by the administration (present and past) are designed to encourage US citizens to spend money, thereby stimulating the economy. Think about this - if we have everything we need and don't buy stuff, the capitalistic system tanks. Actually, most people have everything they need, so in order to keep the ball rolling, we are brainwashed to buy what we WANT, or brainwashed into thinking it's what we need. The great thing about this setup is that, since we have everything we need, we, the Consumers of the United States have more power over the corporations than they will ever have over us. Heck, we can even make them go away! Just quit buying their crap.

So I guess what I'm getting at, before I got off on a tangent, is that the unemployment percent is going to take a long tome to come down - if it ever will. Maybe US citizens will have to move to China where the jobs are.

No comments:

Post a Comment